B2B lead generation is a hot topic in the business world. The modern businesses are expanding their efforts and deploying new strategies to make the most of it. No one strategy is the best as the results differ from one organization to the other. It is for the organizations to experiment and find out what works the best for them. However, there are a few tactics that you can use to improve the outcome of the strategies you have been using. Here are a few tips for you to take note of, in order to take your business to a new level in 2019.
- Add or update CTAs
Call-to-action (CTAs) are very useful in content optimization. Adding or updating the existing CTA can increase your reach. Ideally, your CTAs should ask the consumers to sign up, share, or follow. Here are some tips to make the most of your CTAs:
- Pin the CTA to the screen so that it moves as you scroll.
- The decision-making should be limited and it should ask the prospect to act immediately.
- Use catchy but short text on the button that describes the action it would lead to like ‘submit’, ‘download the whitepaper’, etc.
- Lastly, visual clues pointing towards the CTAs can help in directing the viewers’ attention.
- SlideShare can help
SlideShare hosting service has been around for a while now and businesses, as well as individuals, use it to upload presentations that need to be shared online. It has been found that over two-thirds of the traffic on SlideShare comes from targeted searches on search engines. Here are a few tips to score leads from SlideShare.
- Keep the headline bold and insert relevant visuals.
- Prefer the content to be search engine optimized.
- Lesser words, more pictures.
- No more than one idea on one slide. Use charts and diagrams to elaborate.
- Make the best of exit-intent pop-ups
Instead of an immediate pop-up when a person visits your website, place it very strategically and preferably, at the exit. This keeps the visitors warm and doesn’t make them panic. Also, here are a few things to consider:
- Let them choose between a ‘yes’ and a ‘no’.
- Prefer the simple CTAs with minimal visuals or text.
- Responsive designs drive more actions.
- Measure your results.
- Premium content should be gated
The content like infographics, whitepapers, and eBooks should be gated. This means that people should give contact details in order to get access to this content. A few tips with making the most of your gate content:
- Deploy intelligent form and do not give too many repeat fill-out requests.
- Prefer an SEO optimized landing page.
- Once a visitor gets through after registering and downloading, display a ‘Thank you’ message.
- Improve the quality of your content
Existing content needs to be given a new life by upgrading it to the best version and making it search optimized. Further, bundle the content for different channels. Here’s what you can do:
- Make use of a good blog post to start a conversation in LinkedIn groups.
- Make good articles into an eBook that is available on your landing page.
- Use social media statistics to expand your audience.
- A personalized direct email campaign can go a long way
Nothing hits customers more than a personalized email. Use it to get in touch with your new and existing customers. Also, you may want to reach out to someone who has worked with you in the past. A few tips that will make this effort better:
- Differentiate customers on the basis of their buying patterns and the time lapsed.
- Create target lists with messages customized just for them.
- Provide an incentive if they contact you back.
- Customer service should deal with them as if your company already knows them well.
While there is no end to tactics and techniques to improve your lead generation, the above tips will definitely help you to improve the outcome of whatever method you are using. For any help with this, get in touch with us.