Lead Generation is a tedious task, and it can be incredibly daunting for small businesses; the competition in this sector is immense, and everyone is searching for an opportunity to prove themselves and showcase how their service differs from the other service providers in the market. But the issue with the previously mentioned statement is that it requires you to have a client to whom you can showcase your skills and abilities.
All the startups and ever-growing organizations are itching to provide genuine and high-quality services to have you permanently in their kitty. All small businesses are searching for prospects; while prospects bring you business; they don't come to you for free; you need to invest a lot of time, money, and/or energy to get them close to your business offerings.
B2B Lead Generation is one of the most sought-after markets as it is crucial for any business to succeed fundamentally. Lead Generation is an entry point into the sales funnel as it helps people get the basic idea of how excellent your product or service is. Many businesses prefer outsourcing to small companies as Lead Generation is a very tough task. Times keep changing, and with it, business standards and lead generation processes keep evolving; so, for a company focused on its product, it's an expensive affair to keep researching on this end of the spectrum.
If you want to garner more attention from your prospects and continuously score more leads, you can dip your fingers in one of the most foolproof methods of paid promotional activity, that is Google Ads. Google Ads are very efficient and designed in such a manner that they produce the perfect results in all platforms, be it traffic generation, brand awareness, or Lead Generation. Google ads have an excellent record with B2B business, although these records have a few pros and cons.
What are the challenges small B2B businesses face?
1. Small B2B businesses face a significant setback due to the lengthy payment cycles; small enterprises find it more challenging to frequently score good leads and thus depend on their client's payment to keep the operations running. It is nearly impossible to treat the client's deliverable cash as the running capital for business with the long payment cycles.
2. The primary issue small B2B businesses face even while implementing Google Ads to promote their business is that the marketplace is crowded and the audience to target is limited, so the pricing and competition to place the results on the top of the page is immense.
3. High competition is always beneficial for the customers but not so much for the businesses, and heightened competition makes the severe and dense market denser automatically, resulting in lower conversions and a price drop.
4. Another major drawback small B2B businesses face is their target keyword niche; as B2B Lead Generation is a comprehensive concept, people search about thousands of things before they land on a solution; with the bottleneck competition in this industry, the chances of prospects searching you're your specific keyword directly are relatively low.
5. People don't generally jump on to the primary solution keyword; they snoop around, test, and try various things before landing on something that makes their heart contained. Example of such searches are: -
Top Pen Companies
Top B2B Pen Providers
Pen Dealers Around me
OEM pen providers
Maximum Email Delivery
B2B Email Marketing
It creates conflicts in keywords, and it becomes harder to settle on a keyword that would land every market niece.
6. The primary issue B2B industries face their keyword competition with the B2C sector; with them providing service at a smaller scale, they generally garner more traffic and thus rank higher based on relevance.
What are the types of Google Ads that produce positive results for B2B Industries?
1. Google Search Ads
Google Search is the most visited page on the internet; data from Google suggests each second, around 63000 queries are fired across the globe. Imagine! 63000 queries every second. The traffic you can garner from just Google Search Ads is immense. While people across various domains try to apply for this Ad format, the B2B industry competition is the least, which makes applying for ad slots cheaper comparatively. If you decide to use Google Search Ads for your business, always remember to use the callout extension.
2. Google Shopping
Google Shopping is a fantastic platform for your business if you believe you have the best quotation/ base pricing in the market. With Google Shopping, you can be miles ahead of your competition if you add a tag with your product or a promotional code applicable across multiple purchases on your website.
3. Video Ads
One of the most popular formats used by more than 85% of marketers is the format of Video Ads. Since the time Google acquired YouTube, video ads' demand has been on an exponential rise; Video Ads with YouTube are significantly more straightforward to dish out, as they follow a path laid by end-users' internet history. Looking at the popularity of video ads, YouTube introduced multiple video ad formats to suit their clients.
4. Display Ads
Display Ads are generally showcased on Google Partner sites; these Ads are available in various formats ranging from Text Ads, Image Ads, Rich Media Ads, and Placement Targeting to Topic Targeting Ads. Display Ads can prove cheap for some domains while unbelievably expensive for the others. Text Ads from Display Ads can prove highly efficient if used tactfully; with the text ads method, you can boost it across Display Ads and Google Search Ads simultaneously.
How to use Google AdWords?
1. Google AdWords helps you attack the roots of the issue that is the dense keyword competition; they provide users with a highly customized solution, which boosts them with the power to avail personalized targeting for consumers and clients according to your requirements and by studying their buying or surfing habits from the internet.
2. Google AdWords can also majorly contribute towards your Account Based Marketing efforts as they know your target audience, and they understand the history of the account you are searching for. Google Ads algorithm helps match and fill in the gaps to explore ideal arrangements for your products and services and get you a prospect ready to hear more about your business.
3. Google AdWords is highly optimized and automated; therefore, it does not require heavy manpower to operate, which automatically helps you cut down on employee expenses and keep your employee strength minimum and operational.
4. Google Sets up everything on their server and thus does not require any heavy setup and operational expert at your end. Few clicks with correct information, and your campaign is up and running; ready to deliver.
How well can you customize your targeting with Google AdWords?
Google AdWords can provide customization to a scale where it would be physically impossible for the businesses to comprehend. To have a successful campaign, you need to have a good grasp of your keywords and targets.
· Whom to target: -
o Decision Makers
§ CEO – Chief Executive Officer
§ CTO – Chief Technology Officer
§ COO – Chief Operating Officer
o Organization Size
§ Ideal industry size 20-250 employees
o Financial Strength
§ Above one hundred thousand dollar
Key Steps you can take to run successful campaigns
1. Keyword Research
The success of everything ranging from a webpage to a product depends on the market research. To get a good understanding of products in the given industry and how people reach out to that product or service, you need to have a good knowledge of keywords. Keywords not only help with good Google rankings, but it also helps recall your product on multiple ends and even with your competitor’s keyword results.
Keyword research helps you gain critical insight into your target audience's operational brain, and it enables you to realize what queries run around with your prospects. These researched queries also assist with actual search terminologies and help deploy an efficient content strategy that can be utilized in the longer run.
2. Google Search Ads
Google Search Ads are the most cost-efficient model to run, and if successful, they can produce phenomenal ROI. Even if the keyword falls in the B2C domain, feel free to broaden your Google Ad range; repetitive targeting in the B2C domain can also help with the quality outcome and potential clients. However, when testing your Search Result market's landing zone, be sure to focus the keywords on the primary campaign and not the run along with B2C campaigns.
3. Display Ads on Publisher Platform
Publisher platforms are the epicenter of the targeted audience; advertising on those platforms can provide you with an assurance of all your viewers being content-based and targeted readers. However, you should be very careful to present a more explicit CTA, or else the audience might end up thinking it is a banner from the publisher platform, and they might benefit from your advertisement and crisp copy.
4. Video Ads
Video Ads are one of the most straightforward and most efficient ads to push around; it does not ask the consumer for a special time and concentration; they go with the flow of what is already being executed. Video Ads maximized the performance parameter and used widely to target all age groups worldwide; more than 85% of brands use video marketing strategies for brand awareness.
5. Remarketing Ads
Remarketing campaigns are the most preferred and recommended campaigns here at MarkSpace Media. Remarketing Ads too have a great ROI and are one of the most effective ways of advertising to touch base, as it works around the principle of following up a prospect who has already shown some interest in your product or service, especially by visiting your website.
Elements you should take into consideration while using Google Ads for small B2B Businesses
- 1. Optimize Ads Quality
With the infrastructure available to everyone across the globe, anyone can go online and post an Ad; however, the Ad must click with your consumers. Optimizing your Ad with a perfect image and CTA is not everyone's cup of tea. Thus, we at MarkSpace Media are very eager to help you get your Ad Quality score improved and optimized.
- 2. Target intent specific keywords
When you are running on a tight budget, it is important for you to realize the priority and importance of your keywords; if you with a tighter budget try to compete with regular B2C keywords, you might end up losing more than you gain from the campaign and thus end up with a negative ROI. To keep your Ad in the top drawer, you need to be keyword focused and record buyer-specific keywords.
3. Optimize Campaign Properly
Ads are not just about the texts displayed; ads have a lot more to follow up after the initial copy; initial copy merely helps generate curiosity. For your campaign to be successful, you need to optimize the complete journey right from the first click to the final submission. This process includes a highly optimized CPC bid and a wonderfully crafted Landing Page.
Once a potential client fills in the details on your landing page, you have a prospect onboarded, and once you have enough prospects on board, it is your time to strike, to showcase that your quality and standards are miles ahead of the general business standards.
Google Ads is a double-edged sword; if implemented correctly, it can bear fruits and give your business a boom. However, if not implemented with proper care and strategy, it can quickly drain your marketing budget and leave you exposed.