· Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
· Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
· Talk to staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
· Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
· Replace parts as required.
· Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
· Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
· Support the roll-out of new applications.
· Set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
· Work continuously on a task until completion (or refer to third parties, if appropriate).
· Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time.
· Rapidly establish a good working relationship with employees and other professionals, such as software developers.
· Test and evaluate new technology.
· Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
· High school diploma/Degree required.
· Minimum 1-year experience in information technology or technical support (Optional).
· Extensive familiarity with Windows operating systems.
· Working knowledge of security software options and functionality preferred.