The popularity of content marketing is rising exponentially and that is because the content is the center of every marketing strategy you ever practiced. Most of b2b marketers do content marketing in some form. However, not all of them look back on how it performed. Measuring the success of your content-driven campaigns can be a game-changer because you can use all the insights to make your marketing efforts better.
Why is it Important?
Measuring the success of your content marketing efforts is vital to making your business perform better. You do not want to get trapped in the implementation of new trends and tactics while your ROI is plunging. Tracking the effectiveness of your content-driven campaigns shows you how much you are earning on every dollar that you spend.
- To know what is most effective (and least)
Keeping a check on your content strategies is important to know what is working for you and what is not. This is crucial because you don’t want to pour more money into strategies that are not attracting customers and are of no use to your business. The same money can be used to promote engaging content that is hitting your target audience.
- To have a better idea of client acquisition
Measuring the success of content marketing allows you to turn your insights into evidence-based information. Tracking ROI can help you get a clear idea of how much you spent on content marketing and in turn, how many clients you generated. Further, insights like which channel generated the most number of leads and if you are investing enough in your marketing strategies can allow you to formulate a strategy for better client acquisition.
- To give way for better decision-making in the future
Not only is this data helpful in having more control over your current strategy but it is also instrumental in helping you shape your future marketing strategies. The information derived from tracking the success of current content campaigns allows you to take better decisions in the future and avoid mistakes.
Metrics that Denote the Effectiveness of Content Marketing
The effectiveness of your content marketing efforts is measured using some metrics to give you a clear picture. Here are a few major metrics that can help you keep track of the success of goals and objectives.
- Demographics and Consumer Behavior
Keep a check on your audience to know who are they and what channels they use. Also, you must know how often they engage with your content. Some key metrics to help you get a better idea include:
- Demographics (age, gender, region, etc.)
- Unique Visitors
- Average time on page
- Bounce rate
You should keep track of each metric over time and have a better understanding of your audience.
- Social Media Engagement
Knowing more about how your content performs on social media brings you close to understanding your customers and you can use social media engagement metrics to strengthen your relationship.
- Shares on social media are the indicators of how many people think that your content is valuable. You can track shares and schedule your posts using platforms like Hootsuite.
- Comments mean that your posts are provoking emotions. Any kind of comment is a good thing, although you must address if they highlight something extremely negative about your post.
- The number of followers indicates how is your content liked by your audience. The growth rate of followers is always more important than the number of followers at any given time. The time when the number of followers increased the most is a good indicator of what content the audience likes.
The number of marketing-qualified leads (MQLs) and what channel they have come through is vital. You may further monitor email open rates to see what content is being liked by the audience. Also, the click-through-rate (CTR) shows whether the content has captured the attention of the audience and if it was compelling enough.
Keeping track of how successful are your content-marketing efforts can seem really overwhelming at first but once you have a system in place to take care of it, you can see significant results. Get in touch with our marketing experts to know more.