The digital age is upon us. But have our businesses also embraced it fully? Gone are the days when just phone calls and emails would get your business promoted. With technological advancements, the sales and marketing strategies have also diversified beyond the usual ways. If you are left behind in adopting the digital strategies in the modern world, your business is bound to suffer. Recently, many businesses have started to decline. The economy can be the one reason behind it. But at the same time, many other businesses are doing well. It has been observed that the inability to adopt the new technology and use it for business promotion is one of the major factors why many businesses are not doing well.
Digital marketing is the soul of marketing world today. It is affecting everything from b2b lead generation, sales, marketing, etc. It is vital to have a complete understanding of digital marketing and then be able to use it to flourish your business. Here’s how to use it for your benefit.
Digital Marketing Tools
There is a wide range of digital marketing tools available for you to benefit from. You can choose your own channels to achieve the desired results. Here we will discuss the few prominent and most widely used digital marketing tools.
- Social Media
Social media is a marketing hub these days. You can get a huge amount of information from social media about what people are interested in. You can find your prospects and target them with utmost ease using social media. The popularity of social media has given birth to social media marketing, which is now a complete marketing strategy in itself. It is, nowadays, used extensively to promote businesses online.
- Search Engines
Search engines, again, provide you with a whole lot of data about what people are searching for. Search Engine Optimization can be utilized to make your business stand out and get an increased number of visitors.
Blogging attracts visitors and gives credibility to your brand. The better and more are the blogs; the higher will be the number of visitors landing on your website.
- Ebooks and Email Marketing
Ebooks and email marketing are more specific. They talk about the certain topic and contain more specific information about the topic that might interest your prospect. It plays a vital role in lead generation.
Webinars make your brand stand out. Inviting industry experts to your webinar is a great strategy that can help you capture a very high number of leads.
Identify the focus areas
You need to begin by analyzing and finding out what needs the focus. You will have to eliminate all kind of noise and confusion that are distracting you from your objectives. The objectives should address the Top of the Funnel, Middle of the Funnel and Bottom of the Funnel, at a high level.
- Top of the Funnel: In order to increase the traffic to your website, you must employ the tactics like Search Engine Optimization, blogging, and social media. These tactics can drive the traffic to your website effectively but whether the visitors qualify as lead depends on what your website has to offer.
- Middle of the Funnel: As mentioned above, the blogs can drive the traffic but can’t assure whether they convert into customers or not. In order to turn the visitors into leads, you need to focus on ebook offers and webinars. These are more specific and appeal to the individuals.
- Bottom of the Funnel: Once the visitor has qualified as lead and is then ready to buy products or services, the question now is who they will buy it from. This opportunity can be used by the marketers and they can connect with the prospects through email marketing and case studies.
Set your Marketing Goals
Next, you need to focus on measurable goals that will allow changes in strategy and reviews along the way. Here’s how can you set a goal.
- Specify a goal with real deadlines.
- Keep the track of your goal.
- Work effectively towards achieving your goal.
- Be very realistic and honest with yourself when analyzing. Know clearly what you can and cannot do and then, address the challenges.